Sleep is more important to people than eating and drinking water. Modern people often suffer from insufficient sleep due to work stress or other factors, which can cause extremely serious injuries to their bodies over a long period of time:
1, grumpy: when people focus on doing something, if they are interrupted by unexpected interference, they will have negative emotions; If you don’t get enough sleep, this negative emotion will be magnified.
2. Headache: Scientists are still unable to find out the reason behind it, but 36 ~ 58% of the people who lack sleep will wake up with headache symptoms.
3. Decrease of learning ability: Short-term memory is an important key to the learning effect. For people who lack sleep, short-term memory ability will be weakened, which will also affect the learning effect.
4. Weight gain: For people who are short of sleep, their hormones will be out of balance, they will not only increase their appetite, but also want to eat high-calorie foods. At the same time, their ability to control impulsive behavior will also decrease. These factors add up to a rapid weight gain.
5. Poor vision: The less sleep you have, the more likely you are to make visual mistakes or even hallucinations.
6. Heart Disease: According to research, people who sleep only 4 hours a day have much higher blood pressure than people who sleep 8 hours a day, so they are prone to heart diseases.
7. Slow response: Lack of sleep will also slow your response to external things.
8, easy to infect diseases: long-term sleep deprivation, the body’s immunity will decline, easy to get sick.
9. Investment Error: According to research, people who lack sleep make high-risk investment decisions, resulting in economic losses.
10. More urine: When people sleep, the body will slow down the production of urine; However, if you do not get enough sleep at night, you will have the problem of ” excessive urination at night” and have to go to the toilet frequently.
11. Lack of concentration: If you do not have enough sleep, you cannot concentrate and are easily distracted.
12, vaccine effectiveness weakened: as mentioned earlier, lack of sleep will lead to a reduction in body immunity, so if the vaccine is injected at this time, the effectiveness will be greatly reduced.
13. slurred speech: according to research, if you don’t sleep for 36 hours in a row, it is easy to repeat the same words when speaking. the speed is slow and slurred. sometimes it is very similar to the way drunk people talk.
14. Cold Upper Body: If you catch a cold at 3: 00 or 5: 00, it may be caused by insufficient sleep. Studies have shown that people who sleep less than 7 hours a day for two consecutive weeks are 3 times more likely to catch a cold than those who sleep more than 8 hours.
15, gastrointestinal problems: lack of sleep, easy to cause inflammatory bowel disease (inflammatory bowel syndrome).
16. High risk of car accidents: In fact, people who do not get enough sleep are as dangerous to drive as drunk drivers, but they are often ignored.
17. Decreased libido: Lack of sleep will reduce the secretion of G-pill hormone in the body, resulting in decreased libido.
18. Decrease in pain tolerance: Studies have shown that if people do not get enough sleep at night, their sensitivity to pain will increase while their tolerance to pain will decrease.
19. Increased risk of diabetes: Lack of sleep will affect metabolism in the body, thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
20. There are many mistakes in doing things: lack of sufficient sleep will lead to mental weakness and increase the error rate in work.
21. High risk of cancer: The current research on the relationship between sleep and cancer is still at an early stage, but according to the current results, lack of sleep does increase the risk of cancer, especially colorectal cancer and breast cancer.
22. forgetfulness: the less you sleep, the easier it is to forget. the risk of Alzheimer’s disease increases in old age.
23. Gene Interference: The latest research in 2013 shows that lack of sleep will interfere with the normal activities of genes. If you sleep less than 6 hours a day for a week, there will be more than 700 genes with abnormal activities, including genes related to immunity and stress.
24. Depression: Clinical research by scientists shows that people with good sleep quality at night are more positive in mood. If the sleep quality is not good, it will also affect the working mood of the next day.
25. High risk of death: The greatest risk for people who suffer from long-term sleep deprivation is that the risk of death increases significantly in a short period of time.