To have a healthy body, it is necessary from time to time to detoxify certain organs. Without our knowledge, toxins accumulate in our organs. I propose today to discover how to detoxify his liver. If you follow these tips, you will find that detoxifying your liver also helps you lose weight.
These tips are simple, natural and effective. But the benefits for your body will be many. In addition, there are many ways to detoxify your liver. So there is something for everyone.
Why detoxify his liver?
The liver is very useful to our body. It is therefore very important to take care of it and make sure it is healthy. It treats the nutrients absorbed by the intestines so that they are absorbed more efficiently. The liver also balances the composition of the blood by managing the amount of protein, sugar and fat in the blood.
The liver is also used to store minerals, vitamin A and iron. Without it, we could not remove toxins such as bilirubin or ammonia from our bodies. If the liver does not function properly, it can no longer destroy the old red cells as it is supposed to.
This organ is also responsible for the production of chemicals that help the blood clot properly. And most importantly, the liver is used to break down and metabolize alcohol and drugs.
What not to do during the detox period
To detoxify your liver, you should avoid adding toxins to your body. Some foods should also be avoided. Here is a short list of things to avoid.
- The tobacco
- The sweets
- The meat
- The cheese
- The milk
- The chocolate
- The eggs
- The bread
- The coffee
- Food supplements
Drink plenty of fluids
The key to eliminating toxins is to drink plenty of fluids. You can of course drink water, but the effect is even more effective with juices, herbal teas and broths. In addition, these preparations of all kinds can also help you lose weight.
Here is a list of juices that will help you detoxify your liver while helping you lose weight.
- Carrot juice. Wash the carrots, then cut them into small pieces and make Fresh Carrot Juice with a blender.
- Apple juice. You can mix 1 kilo of whole apples (keep the skin on) and 1 lemon. If you wish, you can add a little honey.
- Grapefruit juice. With vitamin C, natural acids and antioxidants that grapefruit contains, it is the ideal fruit to detoxify the liver and lose weight.
- Lemon juice. You can start by drinking a mixture of hot water and the juice of half a fresh lemon every morning. To stimulate bile secretion and remove waste that has accumulated in your liver, you can follow the following recipe: place 3 lemons in a pan filled with cold water; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes; remove the lemons and squeeze them; mix the lemon juice with the cooking water. You can drink this mixture in the morning and between each meal.
If you prefer teas and herbal teas, here is a list.
- Rosemary herbal tea. In a litre of hot water, place about fifteen grams of dried rosemary leaves. Leave to infuse for about fifteen minutes, then remove the leaves. There will probably be some residue, so I advise you to filter the tea before drinking it.
- Herbal tea of milk thistle. You can use milk thistle extract (2.5 grams) in a cup of hot water. You can also use a few milk thistle leaves that you let steep in hot water for about ten minutes. If you choose this herbal tea, I advise you to drink it before each meal.
- Artichoke tea. Laboratory tests on rats have shown that injections of artichoke extracts help protect them from hepatitis. I don’t propose an injection, but an herbal tea made from artichoke leaves. Leave about ten grams of artichoke leaves in half a litre of water for fifteen minutes. You can drink it all day long, but especially at the end of meals.
- Thyme tea. In a cup of hot water, let 2 tbsp of thyme infuse for a few minutes. Filter the tea and drink a cup before each meal.
- Herbal tea with ginger. Peel about 5cm of ginger. Cut into thin slices or grate the piece of ginger. Bring 1 litre of water to a boil. Add the ginger and boil for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to sit for about fifteen minutes. Filter the mixture and add honey and/or lemon if desired.
- Green tea. This one is probably one of my favorite decoctions. Green tea helps to stimulate the liver and get rid of accumulated fats and toxins. You can buy bags and drink one cup in the morning and another in the afternoon.
To detoxify your liver, you only have to follow a few guidelines: do not eat the listed foods, do not smoke, do not consume alcohol or fatty and sugary foods; consume a lot of liquids, especially herbal teas and natural juices.
I would also recommend doing physical activities that will make you sweat a lot. Thanks to perspiration, you can eliminate toxins, and lose weight even faster thanks to herbal teas and juices.
Of course, it is not recommended to follow this detox diet if you are pregnant. And if you have any medical problems, consult your doctor before you start.
If you have ever tried a liver detox or if you have any questions, leave me a comment.