Many people have a deep fascination with coffee. It is said that drinking coffee can lose weight. There seems to be one more reason to love it.
Is coffee good for weight loss? There are some “diet coffee” products. Can you buy them?
Can coffee help you lose weight?
Improve basal metabolism
Many studies have shown that coffee can increase the basal metabolic rate of the body by 3% to 11%, possibly through the mechanism of stimulating the secretion of adrenaline. You know, basal metabolism accounts for 60% to 70% of the calories consumed throughout the day. Increased basal metabolism means that sleeping on your back also means you’re more likely to lose weight.
It blocks carbohydrate absorption
In addition, the chlorogenic acid in coffee can hinder the absorption of carbohydrates in food, with an efficiency of 6.9%. Well, that’s the same as eating two less bites of rice per meal.
Promote fat decomposition
Coffee ACTS on the sympathetic nervous system, signaling to fat cells to start breaking down fatty acids. Sound good? But the experiment involved only 10 volunteers, and the statistics are not particularly representative.
How to lose weight through coffee?
1. Coffee works better for skinny people.
Coffee seems to favor skinny people more, with fat breaking down 29% in lean people and only 10% in fat people as a result of improved metabolism.
2. Good for coffee before exercise.
For those who exercise to lose weight, a cup of coffee before exercise may be a good choice. Because caffeine improves your ability to exercise, you can do more difficult movements and stick to it for longer, so you can burn more calories.
3. Bad for long-term coffee drinkers.
Sadly, these effects don’t make much sense in the long-term coffee drinker, but only in the occasional coffee drinker.
4. Black coffee to lose weight.
Most importantly, the coffee in this study refers to black / black coffee without sugar and cream, not mocha or caramel macchiato.
Of course, if it is latte, cappuccino, such as coffee and milk, limiting the whole day when the appropriate energy, will not affect weight loss, but can supplement good quality protein and calcium.
The Best technique for refreshing yourself with Coffee
Coffee acts on the cortex of the central nervous system, increasing alertness, concentration, and association, thus reducing some fatigue.
Long periods of time without rest, adenosine, a byproduct of brain activity, accumulates in the body and binds to receptors in the brain, opening a fatigue gun.
And coffee can also compete with adenosine to bind to these receptors, equivalent to blocking part of the bullet hole, so it can reduce a certain sense of fatigue, can carry 4 hours 6 hours. However, the amount of adenosine did not decrease, just to deceive the body’s feelings.
Moreover, after drinking coffee, people’s impulse and desire to talk, will get a gentle promotion.
The best time to drink coffee, as far as office workers are concerned
- Breakfast in the morning, or just arrived at the office after breakfast;
- After lunch, it’s time to get ready for the afternoon’s busy work.
Coffee at this time, can be relieved of the usual drowsiness after meals, and lasting 3 hours 4 hours. And afternoon to evening, should drink as little as possible or do not drink coffee.
What is coffee sleep? That sounds crazy, don’t you think it’s bad for you to go to sleep after a cup of coffee?
As mentioned earlier, adenosine makes people tired, and sleep is a natural adenosine scavenger. When people sleep for 15 minutes and 20 minutes, they do not enter deep sleep, so they will not rely on sleep, and it is easier to wake up, but adenosine can also clear some. Get refreshed when you wake up.
It takes just 15 to 20 minutes for caffeine to flow from the blood vessels of the gut to the cerebral cortex, so drinking it doesn’t pick you up right away, but later.
Best coffee pick-me-up technique
- After drinking coffee, take a nap 15 minutes 20 minutes, the spirit will be exceptionally good, the attention is specially concentrated.
- Iced American coffee or espresso (Espresso) is better. If you drink coffee quickly enough to get enough caffeine into play, a large cup of hot coffee is probably not a good choice.
- If coffee is too bitter, add some salt to it when you boil it.
- Using a dark cup of coffee, you can also deceive their own senses, so that the coffee tastes less bitter.
How much coffee would you like to drink every day?
Although good coffee, drink too much will cause sleep disorders, arrhythmia, migraine and other adverse reactions.
According to the study, consuming 100 milligrams of caffeine 200 milligrams a day is enough to boost your spirits; up to 300 milligrams of caffeine 400 milligrams a day will not cause adverse effects.
Caffeine poisoning dose is 10 grams, that is, to drink 50 cups of large (Grande) coffee, I believe the average person will not do this. You can also convert it yourself:
- A cup of coffee, 8 oz (237ml, about a regular paper cup), contains 100mg of caffeine;
- Medium cup (Tall) 12 oz, contains approximately 150mg caffeine;
- Large cups of (Grande) 16 oz, contain about 200mg of caffeine;
- Extra-large cups of (Venti) 20 oz, contain about 250mg of caffeine;
- An Italian concentration of (Espresso) contains 75 milligrams of caffeine in just 1 oz,.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers can drink coffee in moderation
Women who are coffee addicts are asked to give up coffee during pregnancy, which is painful. In fact, pregnant women and nursing mothers can also drink coffee. The American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists believes that 200 milligrams of caffeine a day will not interfere with fetal development. The amount of caffeine in the breast milk is not enough to make the baby’s brain begin to react.
There are long-term large-scale human epidemiological studies that pregnant women, lactating mothers to drink the right amount of coffee, will not let the child’s growth and development lag.
Children and adolescents to limit caffeine
It is true, however, that not everyone can enjoy a cup of coffee. For example, in children under the age of 12, caffeine interferes with their sleep, which in turn hinders the development of their brains. In addition to coffee, also avoid coke, tea and other caffeinated drinks.13-year-old 18-year-old with 100 milligrams of caffeine a day.
Other wonderful uses of coffee
Drinking coffee in moderation also has many benefits, such as preventing type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, cirrhosis, and so on. At the same time, people who like to drink coffee, cardiovascular incidence is also lower, drinking coffee will not increase the incidence of high blood pressure. Type 2 diabetics also become more sensitive to insulin when they drink coffee.
There are also some interesting findings:
- Coffee consolidates long-term memory: the Johns Hopkins team found that drinking coffee helped boost the rate of forgetfulness within 24 hours, which may improve long-term memory consolidation.
- Coffee relieves alcohol: Dr. Michael Oshinsky of the University of Philadelphia found in animal experiments that coffee plus painkillers such as aspirin or ibuprofen can directly break down ethanol and thus have an antialcoholic effect.
- Coffee grounds raise bad cholesterol in the blood: Dr. Rob Dam of Harvard Medical School recommends using filter paper to filter out coffee grounds when making coffee, which may increase the concentration of bad cholesterol LDL in the blood.