Baby can eat purple potatoes. Purple sweet potato has high nutritional value and unique fragrance.
Purple potato is rich in dietary fiber, starch, vitamins, in addition, also contains anthocyanin, glycoprotein, carotene and other nutritional elements, these are good for the baby.
If you give your baby purple potatoes, that’s great. As we all know, purple potato has the functions of anti-oxidation, anti-tumor, enhancing memory, preventing hypertension, repairing heart muscle, relieving liver dysfunction and enhancing immunity.
Don’t let your baby eat too many purple potatoes, which will easily cause flatulence. In addition, purple sweet potatoes are more difficult to digest than sweet potatoes. If your baby has indigestion, this is not a good choice.
Health Benefits of Purple Sweet Potato to Babies
Purple potatoes are rich in selenium, a microelement your baby can easily absorb. Guess what? Selenium can effectively inhibit the growth of cancer cells, prevent the occurrence of cancer, and can also improve the baby’s eye health.
This kind of food can prevent and treat cancer for babies.
Purple sweet potato is rich in cellulose and can promote intestinal peristalsis. Clean up toxic substances in the human body, expel them from the body, and keep defecation unblocked.
Baby eating purple sweet potatoes can effectively prevent constipation and keep defecation unblocked.
Purple sweet potato is rich in mineral elements and mucin, which can reduce the dysfunction of human body, remove toxins from human body and improve the immunity of human body.
Add this food to your baby, which can improve his resistance.
Anthocyanin contributes to the synthesis and regeneration of retina and retinoids. It is widely found in purple sweet potatoes, It is beneficial to the healthy development of baby’s eyes.
How old can the baby eat purple potatoes
Generally speaking, it is recommended for babies 6 to 7 months old.
Purple sweet potato food is coarse in fiber, so it is suggested to make milkshakes and purple sweet potato puree for baby.
You may also like:
- How to Protect Your Baby from Sunscreen: 101 Guidelines
- Can babies eat durian?
- Can baby eat mango? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Can baby eat white radish (benefits+precautions)?
Making Purple Sweet Potato Food for Baby
This purple sweet potato yam paste can be provided to babies, suitable age: babies over 8 months old.
Purple potato 100g, yam 100g, formula milk 100ml
- Slice yam and purple potato into small pieces.
- Steam the mountain tablets and purple potatoes until tender.
- Steam and cool to room temperature.
- Put yams and purple potatoes into the auxiliary food machine, add formula milk and puree.
- Pour into a bowl.
Next is a delicious purple potato porridge, which is the favorite of Chinese families, especially for breakfast.
One purple potato, 100 grams of rice
- Peel and dice purple potatoes. They are easy to cook.
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for more than half an hour.
- Put the purple potatoes and rice into a casserole with plenty of water. Bring to a boil and turn to a low heat.
- Simmer until the purple potatoes melt and the porridge is sticky. It needs to be stirred to keep the rice from getting mushy.
- Cool to below 60 degrees. Enjoy it!
Purple potatoes are great for babies, but there are a few things you need to be aware of.
Rich in dietary fiber, this food can help the baby digestion, but also may cause indigestion, which is contradictory.
Making delicious and digestible purple potato puree is good for baby’s digestion.