Sleeping the electric fan will cause the body temperature to be too low, causing sudden death! ? South Korea’s report that “the electric fan is driving up and causing sudden death in sleep”, “20-year-old young couple sleeping and blowing electric fans to death”, “American soldiers stationed in South Korea to blow the electric fan and die” let the Korean people be at risk, even in the net The urban legend of “Fan Death” was circulated on the road, and this phenomenon also caused heated discussion among the Japanese people. Will it really die because of blowing an electric fan? Professional doctors believe that there is another reason for sudden death!
The electric fan does not cause sudden death.
“From a conclusion, in Japan, even if a healthy person is blown by an electric fan, it is unlikely to die because of hypothermia.” Japanese clinical immunologist Xi Yuansi Ke pointed out that the so-called electric fan is dying, theoretically not very good. may. Because the temperature caused by hypothermia in each place is different according to the region, season and climate, it is impossible to blame the electric fan.
Simply put, an electric fan is likely to let the perceived temperature be lower than room temperature and lower the skin temperature, but in Japan with high humidity, it is impossible to keep the temperature falling until it is lethal to a healthy person.
Taiwan is a subtropical monsoon climate or a tropical monsoon climate. The humidity is higher than that of Japan, and the summer that needs to blow the electric fan is about 5 to 10 months, and the temperature data from 1981 to 2010 provided by the Meteorological Bureau The lowest temperature during this period is between 20 and 27 degrees in the flat area. It is higher than the temperature of 19 to 23 degrees in the summer of June to August in Tokyo, and should be even lower than the temperature.
The murderer who caused the sudden death
If explained by medical opinion, the cause of sudden death should be “summer”, and it is less likely to be “electric fan.” He believes that drinking ice beer in the summer may be the main cause of sudden death:
- Dehydration: The diuretic effect of alcohol may cause dehydration, make the blood thick, and easily block the blood vessels, which may cause cerebral infarction and myocardial infarction.
- Arrhythmia: Drinking alcohol may cause arrhythmia and cause sudden cardiac death. Professor Xu Shengxiong, deputy dean of the Department of Advanced Medicine and Director of the Department of Internal Medicine, pointed out in the article that drinking more than 6 cans of beer a day is twice as likely to cause arrhythmia as the average person, which will lead to sudden death.
Sleeping electric fans do have health concerns
Although the electric fan is not the main cause of death, Xiyuansi Ke warns that the body temperature during sleep decreases, changes the distribution of blood flow, and the blood flow to the skin increases. Relatively speaking, other parts of the body are prone to cold, which may cause changes in blood flow in the digestive system. It affects gastrointestinal motility, leading to abdominal pain, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal symptoms, which is similar to the principle of eating diarrhea and abdominal pain.
In addition, electric fans can also cause muscle pain. Zhou Shiwei, director of the rehabilitation department of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Linkou, said in his interview that many of the patients he treated were caused by blowing electric fans, causing lower leg muscle temperature, worsening blood circulation and causing pain, and may even transfer pain points to the pelvis. Nearby joints cause problems such as low back pain and lower back pain.
Jian Wenren, head of the physical therapy group of Cathay Hospital, also suggested that the electric fan should not be directly blown to the body. Otherwise, the temperature of the part blown by the wind will decrease, the blood vessel will shrink, and the temperature of the part not blown by the wind will be higher. Temperature differences can lead to autonomic nervous disorders.
The electric fan is blown like this.
- Do not blow people directly, avoid colds, abdominal pain, muscle pain, autonomic nervous disorders and other issues.
- Electric fans can blow against the wall, increase indoor air convection, reduce sultry heat, and allow the wind to bounce back.
- If the fan must be facing the body, it can be protected by wearing thin long-sleeved pants, which is better than 6.5 feet.
- With air-conditioning, the air can be circulated quickly, effectively reducing the indoor temperature.
- Clean the fan blades regularly to avoid accumulation of allergens such as dust.
If the indoor temperature is higher than the outdoor temperature (for example, at night), you can let one electric fan blow out, discharge the indoor hot air, and use another wind to help the body dissipate heat, which can effectively reduce the body temperature.