Precautions for eating carrots
In the concept of Chinese medicine, the nutritional value of carrots in winter can be compared with that of small ginseng. It can be seen that in the long-term life, people have already concluded that carrots are of great benefit to the body. However, because of the particularity of certain nutrients, carrots There are some important points of attention when eating.
- Carrots should not be eaten with shredded radish after washing or soaking in water for a long time.
- It is not advisable to eat carrots when taking hydrochlorothiazide.
- When eating carrots, it is not advisable to add too much vinegar; in order to avoid loss of carotene.
- Those who are not oily are not suitable for consumption.
- The time for eating carrots should not be too short.
- Do not eat white radish at the same time, because do not mix with radish: carrots contain ascorbate, which will destroy the vitamin C in white radish, so that the nutritional value of both radishes is greatly reduced.
- It is not advisable to destroy vitamin C with vegetables rich in vitamin C (such as spinach, rapeseed, cauliflower, tomato, pepper, etc.) and fruits (such as citrus, lemon, strawberry, dates, etc.) to reduce the nutritional value.
- Try not to eat raw carrots. Although carrots are vegetables, they are only cooked. The radix is more stable. According to the method of cooking, the nutrition can be stored from 76% to 94%. Therefore, raw carrots and radish are not available. Fat is difficult to absorb, resulting in waste.
- For female friends, the intake of carrots should be moderate. Otherwise, menstrual disorders and infertility may come to the door. This is because long-term intake of excess carotene can affect the synthesis of lutein in the ovary, and some may even cause menstruation, ovulation, or menstrual disorders.
Is raw carrots nutritious?
Raw carrots are easy to let the water-soluble vitamins and minerals be absorbed by the body, so drinking freshly squeezed carrot juice can play a role in laxative and detoxification. But raw food is not the best way to absorb carotene. Carotene is a fat-soluble substance, just like lycopene in tomatoes. Only when oil is properly cooked, it can greatly increase the absorption rate of carotene. Therefore, if you want to better absorb carotene, it is best to choose cooked food.
How long can carrots be put?
The leaves of the radish will absorb the nutrients of the radish, making the radish taste worse, so it is best to remove the leaves of the radish and store it in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. The radish is soft, has no water, and can be eaten, but the nutritional value is not high. If it gets dark, don’t eat it. Do not wash with water, refrigerate can be stored for a week or so.
Can carrots be frozen?
Carrots can be placed in the refrigerator, but be careful to cut the green part of the top before putting the carrots in the refrigerator. Put the carrots in a plastic bag (to prevent moisture loss), put it in the coldest compartment of the refrigerator, and keep away from ripened fruits and vegetables that will release ethylene, such as apples, pears, and potatoes.
Carrots are best stored at low temperatures close to 0 ° C, but do not freeze the tissue. 98-100% relative humidity, easy to maintain the brittleness of the tissue. Increased storage temperature of carrots will shorten their storage life due to the increase in rot rate and germination rate (continuation of leaf and hair root growth).
Carrots sometimes produce a bitter taste after storage, which is the result of the storage environment containing ethylene, which induces abnormal metabolism of carrots. Therefore, the storage of carrots should not be mixed with apples, pears and other products that produce high amounts of ethylene.
Can raw carrots lose weight?
Raw carrots can lose weight. Because carrot juice contains carrots and vitamins B1, B2, C, D, E, K and folic acid, calcium and dietary fiber, more than a dozen nutrients, so that the body absorbs nutrients more comprehensive. The plant fiber contained can improve the body’s metabolism and achieve the purpose of natural weight loss. … In fact, most people who are prone to gain weight are due to low metabolic capacity and poor circulation. As a result, excess fat and water accumulate in the body, and it becomes the original culprits of obesity.