A simple wisdom tooth may bring five diseases
1：tooth decay (cavity)
The impact or misalignment of wisdom teeth makes it easy for food debris to be embedded in the interdental and periodontal gaps between the second molar and wisdom teeth, and it is not easy to remove. If the remaining time is long, dental caries occur easily.
According to the survey, the attack rates at different ages are significantly different, being only 3.7% at the age of 20 and as high as 27% at the age of 50. It can be seen that the removal of impacted or dislocated wisdom teeth is the key to prevent the collapse of second molars.
2：dentition is not uniform
The 14-18 years old is the most active period of wisdom tooth initiation, and the driving force of the wisdom tooth eruption movement is often one of the main reasons causing teeth crowding and irregular arrangement.
The continuous driving force of this eruption movement, as long as 4 to 5 grams, is enough to affect the second molar. Therefore, the dislocation of the second molar occurs, and the contact area between the upper and lower jaws is reduced, and the chewing function of the human is significantly reduced.
The impacted or dislocation of the mandibular wisdom teeth often interferes with the maxillary second molar and causes the mandibular pathological contraction, which is one of the causes of craniomandibular disorders. The main clinical manifestations are the temporomandibular joint snapping, masticatory muscle pain, tinnitus, tongue pain and other symptoms. In many patients, the problem of craniomandibular disorder is much better after removing impacted or dislocated wisdom teeth.
4：oral mucosal disease
The gingival and buccal mucosa of impacted and dislocated wisdom teeth can cause pathological damage such as ulceration, tissue hyperplasia, and leukoplakia due to long-term mechanical irritation or repeated bites. Such a long-term wound repair and re-injury process will affect the normal keratinization of the oral mucosal epithelium and lead to precancerous lesions, thereby inducing oral mucosal canceration.
5：wisdom teeth pericoronitis
Wisdom teeth can be vertical, forward, horizontal, horizontal, inverted, etc. in different directions. When part of it erupts, the gingival tissue around the crown is often covered to varying degrees, so that a gum bag is formed between the crown and the gum. Because of the potential for food residue and bacterial proliferation in this bag, inflammation occurs when the bag is wounded or body resistance is reduced.
Often manifested as coronal tissue swelling, which affects chewing, swallowing, often accompanied by difficulty opening mouth and fever, lymphadenopathy and other systemic symptoms.
People with periodontal disease, the bacteria in the periodontal pockets will also swallow into the stomach, more susceptible to stomach problems.
Should wisdom teeth be removed?
Not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. Dental experts said that if wisdom teeth erupt normally without affecting other teeth, it will not cause pain and infection.
What are the circumstances that require the removal of wisdom teeth?
1, incomplete wisdom teeth
Incomplete wisdom teeth can easily cause periodontal inflammation, it is recommended to pull out, long pain is worse than short-term pain;
2, there is a bad wisdom tooth
If the wisdom teeth decay, in addition to very simple occlusal caries can not make up, those adjoining caries, need an excellent technique, as well as a deep licking, and even need root canal treatment, it is recommended to unplug, to prevent troubles;
3, frontal impact wisdom teeth
That is, wisdom teeth are about 45 degrees on the top of the second molar. If the wisdom teeth are not pulled out, it is easy to cause adjacent teeth lesions. In severe cases, wisdom teeth and second molars need to be removed, which will seriously affect our chewing function;
4, too tight wisdom teeth
If the growth space of the wisdom tooth itself is insufficient, and other teeth are arranged too tightly, there will be serious gingival swelling, tooth pain and other diseases. To prevent this from happening again, it is recommended that it be removed as soon as the inflammation subsides;
5, not easy to clean wisdom teeth
Since the wisdom tooth is at the innermost edge, it is difficult to clean it. Therefore, even a very positive wisdom tooth with a long position is prone to tooth decay. In order to avoid involving other teeth, it is recommended to remove the wisdom tooth as soon as possible;
6, there is no wisdom tooth
If there is no wisdom tooth on the opposite side of the wisdom tooth to bite, sometimes the wisdom tooth excessively germinates and elongates, and then affects the occlusion. At this time, the wisdom tooth should be pulled out.
Of course, in addition to the above-mentioned common situations, in some special cases, the dentist will also suggest you to remove wisdom teeth. Such as orthodontic needs. In order to ensure the effect of orthodontics, some patients need to remove a few teeth, of which wisdom teeth are necessary.
Tips for pulling wisdom teeth
If you want to remove wisdom teeth, be sure to find a professional dentist. And, after tooth extraction should pay attention to:
- Biting the cotton ball: After pulling the teeth, the doctor will put a small gauze or cotton ball in the position of the tooth extraction. To prevent heavy bleeding, then bite the cotton ball and laugh for an hour. Don’t touch the hand or lick the tongue after the spit.
- Try not to spit water within 24 hours of tooth extraction and touch the wound with something to avoid bleeding from the wound.
- Do not brush your teeth and gargle within 24 hours after tooth extraction. Talk as little as possible.
- Diet: Try not to eat too hot, hard or spicy food for 24 hours after tooth extraction. You can drink porridge and eat noodles.
- Activity: Do not exercise vigorously or perform heavy manual work within two days of tooth extraction, do not take a hot shower, drink alcohol, or smoke.
- A small amount of bleeding or bloody water after extraction is normal.
- After tooth extraction, pay more attention to rest, do not overwork.
- When the gum is inflamed, it is not suitable to remove the wisdom tooth. You should take the anti-inflammatory drug and other inflammations and then remove the tooth.
- You cannot pull wisdom teeth during menstruation.
- Try to avoid tooth extraction during pregnancy. In order to avoid episodes of pericoronitis of wisdom teeth, the wisdom teeth that cannot erupt normally should be removed before pregnancy. During the period of pregnancy, the wisdom tooth can be selected during the fourth, fifth and sixth trimesters of pregnancy. The first three months and the third month are mainly anti-inflammatory. Do not pull teeth.