Tilapia alias: African salmon. Tilapia is a group of small and medium-sized fish. Tilapia is a broad-salinity fish that lives in both sea and freshwater. Tilapia has a strong ability to adapt to hypoxic conditions. It generally inhabits the bottom layer of water and usually changes with the temperature of the water or the size of the fish.
Tilapia is delicious in flesh and has a delicate flesh. Whether it is braised or cooked, tilapia is delicious.
The nutritional value of tilapia
- Tilapia has a high protein content and is rich in many essential amino acids required by the human body. The content of glutamic acid and glycine is particularly high, and the essential amino acids are well-balanced and rich in content. They are high-quality, high-protein products. Fish protein is more easily digested and absorbed by the human body than meat protein, and nutrient intake is fully utilized without waste.
- Tilapia high retinol content, retinol can help prevent night blindness, vision loss, help to treat a variety of eye diseases, maintain the normal function of the immune system, eliminate senile plaques, promote development, strong bones, maintain skin, hair The health of teeth, gums and gums has anti-respiratory systemic effects.
- Tilapia taurine content as high as 210-220 mg/100g, taurine can be comparable to EPA and DHA, can help reduce blood cholesterol and neutral fat, regulate blood pressure, strengthen liver function, promote insulin secretion Promotes retinal development and helps restore vision. The content of taurine in the meat is very low, such as the beef content is only 32mg/100g, chicken no one at all.
- Tilapia is rich in unsaturated fatty acids. The content of unsaturated fatty acids in tilapia muscle is approximately 54% to 58%, and it also contains a certain amount of DHA and EPA. A large number of studies have shown that DHA and EPA contribute to the development of the human brain and vision, helping to safeguard human health and prevent various diseases such as heart disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, arthritis, stroke, and skin diseases.
- Tilapia rich in selenium, selenium is an indispensable element of cardiac metabolism, has a strong anti-oxidation, the effect of vitamin E 50-100 times, has a strong anti-aging and anti-cancer effect.
- Tilapia also contains vitamin E, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and minerals potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, etc., is an indispensable trace of the maintenance of normal physiological health element.
The efficacy of tilapia
Promote physical growth:
Tilapia has a great advantage in promoting physical development. It contains many nutrients that are beneficial to the human body, especially high-quality protein, and amino acids are also the most important presence in tilapia. Together they are absorbed by the body. In the future, it can promote the development of the human brain and the body, which is of great benefit to improving memory and improving physical fitness.
Tilapia fish contains large amounts of retinol, a substance that can prevent night blindness and prevent vision loss, improve vision, and improve retinal function. Regular consumption can reduce the incidence of multiple eye diseases.
Regulate blood pressure to prevent hyperlipidemia:
Tilapia contains a lot of taurine and various minerals. These substances can be absorbed by the body to soften blood vessels, regulate blood pressure, and remove cholesterol from the blood. This can effectively prevent the occurrence of hyperlipidemia. Healthy food ingredients suitable for middle-aged and elderly people have good preventive effect on prevention of coronary heart disease and stroke with high incidence in middle-aged and elderly people.
The advantages of tilapia relative to other fish
Low fat content
In contrast, tilapia contains only half as much calories as the equivalent weight, and less fat, less than one-eighth. Although tilapia has less omega-3 fatty acids, it still provides more heart health benefits than chicken, pork, or beef.
Low levels of mercury and toxins
Unlike other omnivorous or fatty fish, which are dominated by high protein foods, tilapia feeds on vegetables, algae and grains. Coupled with such factors as rapid growth and short life cycle, tilapia contains low levels of mercury. Because mercury does not have time to accumulate in the body of this fish.
The benefits of building muscle
Tilapia is also an important dietary component of muscle building. Tilapia is a good source of low-fat protein, whether it is bodybuilders or healthy patients.
Such tilapia is unhealthy
- Fish that are farmed in contaminated water cannot be eaten.
- Did not wash clean, not cooked fish can not eat. Some freshwater fish are susceptible to infection with Clonorchis sinensis, which is easy to cause diseases in the liver, especially fish heads.
- Do not eat more salted fish. Salted fish have a long time to put, fish body fat is easily oxidized by the air, resulting in oxidized fatty acids and rancid, have a strong poison to the human body. In addition, the decomposition of protein in fish also produces toxic substances. Research data show that eating salted fish is 45 times more dangerous than eating less. Salted fish are also more salt, eat easily susceptible to high blood pressure.
- Fish black membrane can not eat. There is a thin layer of black membrane on the inner wall of the abdominal cavity of the fish. This is a protective layer of the fish’s abdomen. It can protect the inner wall of the abdomen from being rubbed by other organs, and also acts as a barrier to prevent other organs from secreting harmful substances into the muscles. go with. It can also be said that this layer of black membrane is a gathering place for many kinds of harmful substances. If people eat it, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea will occur. Be sure to remove the intra-abdominal black membrane when collecting fish.