For pregnant women, sweet and sour lemon may be an irresistible delicacy. Don’t worry, pregnant women can eat lemon, but we need to learn the specific benefits and precautions.
The Benefits of Lemon for Pregnant Women
For pregnant women, lemon is a good choice, its advantages are:
Vitamin c supplement
Citrus fruits such as lemon are rich in vitamin C, which is a major antioxidant and is of great benefit to the overall health of pregnant women.
If pregnant women lack vitamin C, they may suffer from anemia, fatigue, slow wound healing, and poor resistance.
In addition, pregnant women are prone to vitamin C deficiency.
Dyspepsia is a common problem for pregnant women. You don’t want to experience it, do you?
The acidity of lemon can help you adjust stomach discomfort and make you have more appetite.
Drink a cup of warm lemonade in the morning and you will feel very different!
According to the Food and Nutrition Commission, the general guidelines stipulate that women should consume at least 91 ounces of water a day and men should consume at least 125 ounces of water. This includes water in food and beverages.
Water is the best moisturizing drink, but some people don’t like its taste. Adding lemon can increase the taste of water, which can help you drink more water.
Small lemon is very good for pregnant women’s hearts. According to research, eating foods rich in vitamin C can promote heart health.
Not only that, fiber and plant compounds in lemon can also significantly reduce some risk factors of heart disease.
Well, I admit that pregnant women are more concerned about their weight, especially after childbirth.
There is a lot of online debate about whether lemon can help pregnant women lose weight, but according to reliable research, plant compounds in the lemon extract can help prevent or reduce weight gain in various ways.
Even if lemon has no direct effect on weight loss, its other benefits cannot be ignored.
Therefore, for pregnant women, we think lemon is healthy food.
Not to be missed:
- Detox drinks: experts reveal the truth
- 10 Reasons to Choose Organic Foods: Why Are They Healthier
- Chocolate in periods: Reason for having to eat!
Pregnant Women and Lemons: What to Pay Attention to?
Although lemon is not the food that pregnant women should stay away from, any food is not 100% perfect. Here are some precautions that you should read carefully:
- Heartburn: It is well known that hormonal changes sometimes lead to stomach discomforts, such as gastroesophageal reflux and heartburn. Acidic, high-fat and spicy foods can aggravate symptoms. If you have heartburn, you’d better stay away from lemons.
- Tooth decay: Acid food will cause your teeth to be injured. Although it will not cause too much damage, do not brush your teeth or eat too hard food within 30 minutes after eating a lemon.
- Gastric acid: As mentioned above, lemon is highly acidic food. If you have gastric acid or gastric ulcer, you’d better ask your doctor before eating a lemon.
To sum up, lemon is edible for pregnant women, you can add it to your diet, supplement vitamin C, and bring a good appetite!