Symptoms of calcium deficiency in infants.
When the baby is short of calcium, it is easy to suffer from poor sleep, sweat, baldness, and late teething, but these manifestations are not specific and can’t be said to be short of calcium in a single expression.
1. Fidgety, often unexplained crying, not easy to sleep, even when falling asleep easily wake up;
2. More sweat, even if the weather is not very hot, also prone to sweating;
3. The hair is yellowish-thin, the occipital alopecia circle, the back of the head often appears the condition of hair loss;
4. Later than children of the same age;
5. The fontanel closes late and the muscle is weak;
6. The expression is dull, the expression is small, the action and the language are behind the children in the same stage;
7. The forehead is high, forming a square skull. Or often beaded rib, the cartilage hyperplasia of each rib is similar to beaded, often oppresses the lung, make the baby unventilated, easy to suffer from tracheitis, pneumonia; Severe calcium deficiency can lead to bone mineralization and rickets.
How does darling lack calcium do?
When the baby is short of calcium, on the one hand, want to find the cause that causes the baby to lack calcium, and take effective intervention measures. On the other hand, the baby is the first choice to supplement calcium, only when you can’t get enough calcium from the food, you should use calcium supplements in moderation, and vitamin D supplements should be supplemented.
1. Make good use of dairy products: replace flour with low-fat milk powder and replace water with milk, which is a change that cooks can make. Cooked milk can also slow the allergic reaction to lactose.
2. Make use of acetic acid: when cooking bone soup, add some vinegar or lemon to accelerate the excretion of calcium.
3. Eat small fish and seaweed food: eat fish, shrimp, fish, dried fish, or canned fish, and eat the whole food, nutrition and calcium in it.
4, eat snack also can supplement calcium: use almond, small fish stem to replace potato chip, use konjac, sesame sea moss or pistaceous fruit, replace chocolate or coke, eat snacks also can supplement calcium.
Don’t forget vitamin D: calcium requires vitamin D to be absorbed by the small intestine and transported to the bone through the blood. The more practical way for your baby to supplement vitamin D is to bask in the sun. The best sources of vitamin D are fatty fish like eel and salmon, followed by egg yolks and milk. In fruits and vegetables, they are mushrooms. Before cooking mushrooms, you can make a lot of vitamin D in the sun for 1 to 2 hours, and then match it in different dishes to help the absorption of calcium.
What does darling eat to fill calcium?
1. Milk: the milk is rich in nutrition, which is the best source of calcium in human body, and the calcium and phosphorus ratio is very appropriate, which is beneficial to the absorption of calcium. So milk is called the closest to perfect food, the ideal natural food.
2. Yogurt: yogurt is a good source of calcium. Drinking a cup of yogurt with 15O grams can meet one third of a large amount of calcium needed for children under 10 years of age and one fifth of adult calcium.
Cheese: dairy is the best choice for calcium, and cheese is the dairy with the most calcium, and it’s easy to absorb. The calcium content of cheese is: 250ml milk = 200ml yogurt = 40g cheese.
4, calcium orange juice: orange fruit called treatment that are rich in vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, etc., 8 ounces (226 grams) orange juice contains calcium (300 mg) calcium content in the equivalent of a glass of milk.
5. Legumes: the nutritional value of beans is very high, and most beans contain a considerable amount of calcium. Keep in mind, however, that a child after the first year of life can drink soy milk, and prevent one drink too much to avoid protein allergies.
6. Kelp: kelp is a kind of vegetable with high nutritional value. It is rich in calcium and iodine, which is helpful for the synthesis of thyroid hormone. It also contains high quality protein and unsaturated fatty acids.
7, dried small shrimps, dried small shrimps contains abundant protein and minerals, especially calcium content is extremely rich, a calcium library “is short of calcium calcium better ways to use dried small shrimps for baby do assist food is a good way to repair calcium.
Baby’s calcium supplements.
1. Don’t let calcium meet oxalic acid: spinach, snow vegetables, amaranth, water spinach, bamboo shoots, Onions, bamboo shoots, green beans, etc. All contain a lot of oxalic acid, oxalic acid is easy to combine with calcium to influence absorption. Therefore, it is better to place the vegetables in hot water or to take calcium products for 2 hours or 3 to 4 hours before the meal.
2. Calcium should not be mixed with the main meal: even if there is not too much oxalic acid, if you take calcium products during the meal, it will also affect the absorption of calcium, which can only absorb 20% of the calcium in the food. As long as the stomach is full of too many things, the effect is not very good. Calcium supplements should be more than half an hour away from breakfast, lunch and dinner. And don’t mix with milk.
3. Excessive calcium supplementation is not high: calcium supplements should be in moderation, not the more the better. Infants and young children about 400 mg daily dose of calcium, if the amount of calcium intake is considerably more than the above standard, may be constipation, and even interfere with other trace elements such as zinc, iron, magnesium, etc. The absorption and utilization, it can also cause kidney, cardiovascular tissues such as calcium deposits occur, such as producing the potential danger of kidney stones.
4, vitamin D and baby calcium tablets are separated: there are very few children with real calcium deficiency, and many children are really deficient in vitamin D. The role of vitamin D is to allow calcium to be fully absorbed from the gut, and to ensure that the body’s calcium does not drain away from the urine. The daily intake of vitamin D in infants should reach 400 international units. If you don’t have enough vitamin D, you’ll be short of calcium.